The CBBA recognizes the breed standards from several organizations.
If you have a bully that is already registered with another registry and wish to dual register with the CBBA, please send us a photocopy of the dogs certificate including their pedigree along with a CBBA single dog registration form.
More information And Forms for registering dogs is on the Registration Services Page
The following is a comprehensive list of Breeds the CBBA recognizes.
- Boston Terrier (mini moloss)
- Cane Corso
- English Mastiff
- Dogue De Bordeaux
- Great Dane
- Presa Canario
- Pug (mini moloss)
- Fila Brasileiro
- Neapolitan mastiff
Bulldog Breed List:
Designer & Rare Breed List:
- Bugg (Boston X Pug)
- BullPei (Bulldog X Sharpei)
- Frenchton or Froston (French Bulldog X Boston)
- Frugg (French Bulldog X Pug)
- CataBull (Catahoula X American Bulldog)
- Valley Bulldog (English Bulldog X Boxer)
- Mammoth Bulldog (Mammut Bull) (grizzly coated bulldogge)
- Bantam Bulldog
- Exotic MicroLine Bulldog
- American Pocket Bully
- Tiny Titans (Private Formula)
Note: as breeds are developed and recognized this list will be added to.
Written standards are viewed by clicking each breed.
If you have a bull or molosser breed not on this list and would like to register it with the CBBA please contact us to discuss.
- If you are working on a new breed or breed in development and need a record keeping system of your dogs pedigrees, we can help document and preserve your line, contact us to learn more.
The CBBA Offers a foundation stock recording service for designer bull breeds.
The CBBA requires breeders who do “designers” to provide proper documented crosses, state their foundations and the lineages on both the sire and dam.
The CBA takes foundation breeding seriously and expects its breeders be committed and genuine when registering their stock.
The CBBA requires photos of the parentage and of the offspring and will only register a breeders stock who have a dedicated providence towards a goal and purpose behind their breeding.
- Designer bulls must have a “Breed Name”. The breeds used in the makeup of this breed will always and only be this breed. Example: Bugg will only ever be a Boston X Pug as the founding breeds and any derivative percentage of these breeds. Any infusion of any other breed will constitute it not being allowable as that designer breed.
- If a breeder wishes to register a new breed they are creating, the CBBA requests a written Mission Statement as well as a Written Standard; in order for breeding to really be of any substantial intent. In other words what are you breeding towards? All foundation breeds must be recorded with the registry and pictures of dogs used.
- New breeds registered will be recorded within the CBBA conservation database and will be classified as the parent registry for the preservation of the breeds’ historical data, genetic development, origins, written standards, and the documentation of breeders & bloodlines involved.
- Purebred status is based on percentages & recorded generational stock.
- The CBBA does not share to outside registries, parties or breeders, it leaves all disclosure to the breeder to share their information of their dogs.
- The CBBA registry is a private database solely for the breeder.
Standing on the Shoulders Of Giants;
Remembering those who Came Before Us, Honoring the breeders of the past; who broke trail and created the breeds we know and love today .